Adjunct Treatment to Cancer Chemo Therapy – A Case Report

cancer-freeWhen I went back to China with my two kids in July 2013, one of my missions was to help my 85-year-old aunt with her lymphoma. She was diagnosed with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma at the end of May of 2013. It was progressing rapidly. Her left leg and foot swelled up with extreme pain within just a few weeks. Her oncologist was planning to start chemo therapy as soon as possible. My cousin had a lot of doubt about chemo, in fear that her mom won’t be able to withstand the severe side effects. After reassuring her that it is possible to minimize the side effects based on my past experience working with cancer patients, she decided to go ahead with chemotherapy. In the beginning of June, she was hospitalized and received her first round of chemotherapy, which was the standard R+CHOP protocol (rituximab, cyclophosphamide, Adriamycin, vincristine, & prednisone). The hospital stay was prolonged due to various side effects. Even though the swelling in her left leg and foot was noticeably better soon afterwards, she became extremely nauseous and depressed. Fortunately the first batch of supplements that I sent arrived on time and she started taking them one week after the chemo. My cousin reported to me with excitement that her appetite returned and was able to eat normal meals again. However, at the end of June, about 10 days after the chemo, her white cell count dropped to below 2,000 (per mm3) and became feverish. CT confirmed pneumonia. She was hospitalized again and IV antibiotic treatment was initiated immediately.

On July 3rd, the day after we arrived in Beijing, we went to visit my aunt for the first time in years. The old lady with silver hair and a straight back (amazingly!) greeted us in good spirit. She was the same sweet aunt as I always remembered. She was discharged from hospital only a few days earlier and was taking oral antibiotic. I took her temperature. She was still running a fever. I administered to her one of my own blend of homeopathic remedies and told my cousin to continue the remedy at one dose per day. I also left a homeopathic nosode for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma for her to take on a daily basis. My cousin called me the very next day with the good news that my aunt’s temperature had normalized. I told her to discontinue the oral antibiotic and to continue the homeopathic remedies until next round of chemo.

My aunt received another CT scan and blood test before her scheduled second round of chemo.  Pneumonia completely cleared up on the CT and white cell count was well within normal range. The second round of CT went much better than the first one and she was able to go home in two days. We temporarily discontinued the remedies during the chemo session and restarted right afterwards. Her white cell count bottomed again at about 10 days after the chemo, but went back up without developing any infections.

We visited her a few more times during my two-week stay in Beijing. I was happy to see that she had a healthy appetite and was able to take care of her personal needs. I parted with her and my cousin with lots of hope.

By the end of September, she finished her fifth round of chemo therapy. CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvis before the fifth round of chemo didn’t find any tumor. Other than hair loss, she wasn’t troubled by the common (dangerous side effects) of chemo, namely, nausea, vomiting, mouth ulcers, leukopenia (low white cell count), infections and peripheral neuropathy. The doctors, nurses and other cancer patients in the hospital were all amazed at her improvement and lack of side effects. My cousin was bombarded with questions regarding the “secret” supplements that kept my aunt well.

The sixth and last round of chemo therapy will start soon. I’m looking ahead and planning for prevention of relapse of her lymphoma. With the help of homeopathic remedies and other forms of naturopathic medicine, I feel very hopeful. Stay tuned!