- Decreasing immune system and causing frequent or chronic infections.
- Causing congestions and headaches.
- Aggravating neurological disorders such as ADHD, seizure, and tremor.
- Causing yeast (candida) overgrowth in the gut, which in turn leads to many other problems, such as vaginal infections, depressions, irritability, fatigue, etc.
- Aggravating acid reflux (heartburn), and constipation.
As I have been repeatedly telling my patients, please read the food label for sugar contents! One teaspoon of sugar is about 4 grams. Try to avoid food that has more than 6 grams of sugar per serving. And don’t forget to check what is specified as one serving. For example, if 3 cookies make up for one serving and there are 8 grams of sugar per serving, there are probably 4 servings and therefore 32 grams of sugar in one snack bag!
Weather you’re a diabetic, prediabetic, or nondiabetic, I hope these facts will convince you to go through your pantry and check all those boxes for their sugar content.